Monday, February 12, 2007

Using a hot-air balloon as a defensive weapon

I was reading Les Stroud (Survivorman)'s blog today and this little gem caught my eye. Les is describing a night out in Africa hiding in the basket of a "crashed" hot air balloon. I like the inventive way he decided to keep himself safe:

The burners on this thing make a great weapon. They shoot a rocket burst of flames 10 feet long and 16 inches across.

Well, hell yeah! Now if only he had a way to strap it to his arm all "Evil Dead"-style. Talk about king of the jungle.

Kinda reminds me of an item I was about to bid on on eBay. It was a South African "personal" flamethrower. The seller assured me that it was perfectly legal for import. I was really tempted until she relisted the price - a full $100 higher than before.

I like a flame thrower as much as the next man, but I have my limits.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home